Saturday, March 3, 2012

How-To: Homemade Acne and Hyper-pigmentation Treatment/Toner

Hola chicas! 

At the age of 21, you would think that my problems with acne would be a thing of the past. Sadly that is not the case. My face has a tendency to break out at the drop of a dime. I hate how the pimples look so I pop them. In turn, they leave dark marks (hyper-pigmentation) on my face. It's a never ending cycle.

About a month ago, it got so bad that I resolved to find a way to deal with it once and for all. However, experience had already taught me that most store bought remedies have little or no effect on my skin. So I combed the internet for an all natural solution and (with a little tweaking of my own) came up with this recipe.

*Note* I did not include precise measurements because the amount of each ingredient is going to depend on the size of your container, your skin type, and whatever other factors you deem important. 

What you will need:

Apple Cider Vinegar 
(I use the White House brand but there are other options.)
Water
Chamomile Tea
Green Tea
Jojoba Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Aloe Vera Juice or Gel
Water


Directions:
  1. Pour the Apple Cider Vinegar into the container of your choice.
  2. Heat the water to a boil, set aside and steep the tea bags in it for at least 30 minutes. 
  3. When cool, remove tea bags and be sure to squeeze them to get any excess liquid out. Add to the ACV.
  4. Add the Aloe Vera Gel or Juice
  5. Add the Tea Tree oil and Jojoba oil. (Ten to fifteen drops of each should be enough but adjust to the amount you see fit.)
  6. Shake your container well to mix everything up.
  7. After cleansing, apply this toner using a few cotton balls.
  8. After it dries, apply your moisturizer of choice.
  9. Store in the refrigerator. Make a fresh batch every other week.

Notes: 
I know that some people don't like the scent of ACV and/or Tea Tree Oil. Both can easily be masked with a bit of peppermint oil or other sweet smelling essential oil. However, both smells dissipate fairly quickly without added oils. I think it has something to do with the teas.

When selecting your teas, take care to only buy teas that do not include additives and/or artificial flavorings. Look for 100% Tea!

Why These Ingredients??

Green Tea is high in antioxidants which help eliminate free radicals.

Chamomile Tea is known for its calming. soothing nature.

Tea Tree oil is a disinfectant, anti-fungal and good for treating acne. 

Jojoba oil is easy to absorb, is non-comedogenic and is remarkably similar to the sebum your skin naturally creates. 

Aloe vera has been used for thousands of years for fixing wounds and other purposes; in fact it is one of the oldest and well known medicinal plants known to man.

(You can try different oils if you're feeling creative. A great alternative is Grapeseed oil because it is light and absorbs easily into the skin. Grapeseed oil also has astringent properties and is good for oily/acne prone skin. Another option is Emu oil which is reported to be good for acne, irritation and healing/fading scars and marks. A simple google search on essential oils or carrier oils will bring up good resources for looking up what type of oils do what.)

If you find the ACV to be drying to your skin, use less ACV and more tea water.

Results:

My originally mix did not include AVG and after a week of using it, I didn't notice much of a change in my skin. Then, I remembered how my eczema quickly cleared up after adding AVG to my shea butter mix. So, I added a few spoonfuls to this toner and...poof...no more acne! After two and a half weeks of using the new mix, I noticed fading of my hyper-pigmentation and my skin has also gotten a bit brighter. I love this stuff! 

 I would love your feedback especially if you decide to try this remedy out for yourself. Please leave comments!

Until next time chicas!
BM0R3Natural

      4 comments:

      Naturali-Chik said...

      I started using apple cider vinegar about a month ago and so far am loving the results

      Ebonie Browne said...

      Hi I want to make some of this toner just had a question are you using the whole bottle of apple cider and if so are you using more water in the solution?

      BM0R3Natural said...

      @Ebonie Browne: Hey! I didn't use the whole bottle and I strongly encourage you not to because ACV can be very drying to the skin. I def use more water than vinegar in order to dilute the vinegar a bit. But like I said, the exact measurements all depend on your skin type. It took a bit of tweaking to get the mix right for me. So i'm sure it would be the same for anyone else.

      Alan Abraham said...

      If you have any questions on laser hair removal Delhi and skin pigmentation treatment Delhi visit http://www.skindelhi.com

      Post a Comment

       
      © 2010 BM0R3Natural
      Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.