Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome to Girl World!

Originally Posted August 2011 on Tumblr.



“Isn’t it fun being a girl?” – Stanley Tucci in Burlesque

Hello Mi Amours!

Well…I have officially entered girl world and am currently exploring the unchartered territory of makeup. Lolz! During the beginning of my teenage years, I was a tomboy. I was much more interested in playing video games and climbing trees than learning to apply make-up and doing hair. The only times I wore any type of make-up was during the pageants that I participated in and on the random days I would feel like looking a little more girly. When I was doing pageants, my grandmother always applied my make-up. The only thing I could do on my own was apply eye shadow. Plus my grandmother always told me that I didn’t need it. She’s right but a girl can experiment….right???

Now that I am fully natural and preparing to rock my TWA in the fall, I decided this was as good a time as any to learn my way around a make-up counter. It wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be. During a trip to the local Dollar General (hehe don’t judge. I’m on a budget! :P), I stopped on the make-up aisle and picked up a few things.

  • Wet-n-Wild Color Icon Bronzer (Goddess)
  • L.A. Colors Perfect Lash Mascara (Brown/Black)
  • L.A. Colors Smudge Proof Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
  • L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow w/ Brush (Lollipop)
  • L.A. Colors Shimmering Loose Eyeshadow w/ Brush (Radiant)

Those five products cost me about $6. I wasn’t about to spend a lot of money on products that I barely know how to use. Plus I’m just trying to learn the basics because I want to still look as natural as possible after I apply it. No clown faces for me! Lolz!
After using the bronzer, mascara, eyeliner, and eyshadow, I have found that I really like how I look with a little make-up. My goal was to enhance but not cover up and I did just that. I don’t think I will go any further than the products mentioned here. The next month or so will be dedicated to perfecting my new fall look.

Until Next Time!
BM0R3Natural 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 BM0R3Natural
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.