Sunday, January 8, 2012

My First Experience with Bentonite Clay!

Posted January 8, 2012 on Tumblr.

I stopped by Whole Foods today and picked up some of this stuff:

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay ($7)


I have been hearing about it and it’s wonderful benefits as a deep treatment for hair since the beginning of my journey so when I spotted it on the shelf, I decided to take the plunge and buy it. What harm could it be to try out something new, right?

After getting settled in on campus, I mixed some up. The instructions recommend mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with the powder but I didn’t have any so I mixed it with warm water instead. Both are acceptable but next time I will use the vinegar so that I can compare results. Below is just the powder after pouring it in the bowl.


This is the powder and water partially mixed.


And this is the paste when it is fully mixed. According to all my sources, it’s normal for the paste to be a bit lumpy.


Below is my hair after applying the paste.




After applying it to my hair, I covered it with a plastic cap. Since the clay is advertised as a facial mask, I applied the remainder of the paste to my face and let it sit for about 20 mins. Excuse the goofy facial expression lolz!


Then, I jumped in the shower and rinsed the clay from my face and hair. Here are the results! (This is my freshly rinsed hair. There’s nothing in it but water.)






The clay def made my coils clump a lot better. The even clumped in the front (and my coils NEVER clump in the front. Overall, I am pleased with the results. I was a bit apprehensive about using it while my hair was dirty with product buildup from the ECO Styler Gel that I used last night but my hair feels nice and clean. The bentonite clay fully removed all the buildup without stripping my hair. Two thumbs up! 

As far as my face is concerned, I didn’t notice much of a difference outside of what I usually experience with other facial masks but it was only the first time. 

I will follow up with another review after I repeated this process with the Apple Cider Vinegar instead. 

Until next time chicas!
BM0R3Natural







1 comments:

saundra said...

This comment is late, but I just discovered you. Try mixing the bentonite clay with a capsule of activated charcoal and water for a wonderful acne-fighting facial. For natural hair, I mix the clay with aloe vera juice. Makes my curls pop!!!
Take care!

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 BM0R3Natural
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.