Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set (Review & Comparisons)

Yesterday, I received my Coastal Scents 22 Piece Brush Set in the mail and I must say they are better than I ever expected. I love the long handles and sleek black look. At around $1.60 per brush, I kinda expected them to be like the E.L.F. brushes (not to down E.L.F. because I love their products and will continue to use the brushes I purchased from them) but the CS brushes are so much better and closer to professional quality. Here are some pics:








I'm not going to review every brush in the set but some of the bushes are a bit similar to the ones I already had. Below are some comparisons.
Click the link below to see my comparisons! 





Above: E.L.F.'s Studio Powder Brush (Left) and Coastal Scents Round Powder Brush (Right)
Both are made of synthetic fibers but the CS brush it a bit softer. I've used both for blush application and they both work equally well. 


Above: Coastal Scents Powder Buffer (Far left), E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush (Middle), E.L.F. Studio Complexion Brush (Far right)
All are made of synthetic fibers. The E.L.F. brushes are a bit softer and pick up product well. The CS brush does the same. I'm not quite sure why it's called a buffer though. I would rather use the Round Powder Brush to buff with.


Above: Coastal Scents Angle Brush (Left), E.L.F. Professional Bronzing Brush
The CS Angle Brush (goat hair) is more densely packed and overall has more bristles than the E.L.F brush (synthetic). The surface area of the CS brush is about twice as large as that of the E.L.F. brush. I think that the CS brush would provide more color and coverage than the  E.L.F. brush because of this.


Above: Coastal Scents Foundation Brush (Left), E.L.F. Professional Foundation Brush
The CS brush is made from fiber hair while the E.L.F. brush is synthetic. I haven't used the CS brush yet so I can't really compare results of the two. However, the CS brush has stiffer bristles than the E.L.F. brush.


Above: Coastal Scents Large Shadow Brush (Far left), CS Blender Brush (second from the left), CS Brow Brush (third from the left), E.L.F. Professional Eyeshadow Brush (far right).
I usually use the E.L.F. Eyeshadow Brush to pack powder eyeshadow onto my eyelids. The three CS brushes look like they could be used in the same manner.


Above: Coastal Scents Large/Medium/Small Liner & Brow Brushes (far left), E.L.F. Professional Eye Liner Brush (second from the right), Aloette Brow Brush (far right).
I rarely use liner brushes like these because I prefer the E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush but they do look like they could come in handy for brow highlighting. The CS brushes have nylon bristles.


Above: Coastal Scents Doe Foot Blender Brush (far left), CS Dome Shadow Brush (second from the left), CS Dome Blender (third from the left), E.L.F. Professional Blending Eye Brush (second from the right), Aloette Eye Con Brush (far right).
Blenders, blenders, everywhere!! And the Doe Foot brush by CS is my favorite! (All the CS blenders are made from pony hair.)


Above: Coastal Scents Dome Blender Brush (left), Sephora Professionnel Dome Shadow Brush (right)
The only difference between these two brushes is that the CS brush has slightly longer bristles and a longer handle. 

Hope you enjoyed this! Please leave comments and feedback! 

Until next time chicas! 

BM0R3Natural







2 comments:

Naturali-Chik said...

great brushes

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a wonderful in-depth review. I just bought the elf studio brush set but believe I will also buy the cs because of your review. Thanks

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 BM0R3Natural
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.